That’s right. I am missing some inaction. I have been far too active lately. In case you didn’t notice I didn’t post last week. At all. That is rarified air we’re breathing there, folks. The last time real life got in the way of Cyber Barba, I planned a host of reruns to keep you guys satiated in your hunger for second-rate sarcasm. This time, stuff was happening so fast and slow that I didn’t.
The bottom line is I long for a few days where I can mill about looking busy but not really being busy. Something like those last few days of high school for a senior. You’ve got your credits. You’ve passed your exams. They’re not going to expel you–they want rid of you like you want rid of them. It’s just that pesky 180 days per year requirement that keeps you coming back for more.
In the event you missed it, we moved last week. In a bid to take the first step toward making The Bridge a reality we experienced a Honey I Shrunk the Living Space. We moved into a small apartment in the middle of town near the youth we want to serve with The Bridge. So…
Well we’re movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.
The Jeffersons made this little tune a hit back in the day. However, in this sense it is the genesis of many unanswered questions.
- Technically speaking I don’t think we are on the east side of Encarnacion.
- Where is this deluxe apartment? Ours is nice but I wouldn’t call it deluxe.
- What kind of pie? At this point I would eat pretty much any pie presented, but I’d like to know what kind to expect.
- Why does the washer weigh so much? We have a tiny Chinese-made front-load washer. It is a miniature cube of the densest material known to man. I’m thinking about donating it to science.
- Why did I trade a view of the river and the city of Posadas for a view of a toilet warehouse? Oh yeah, the youth. To be near our work.
- Why do my knees feel like I stiffed the mob on a loan?
- Why does the dog think he needs to pee every 9 minutes?
Why is God so good to me?
I don’t know why, but He is. I guess He loves me or something.